Sunday, July 12, 2009

David Livingstone's Quotes(Scottish missionary and explorer)


David Livingstone



David Livingstone (1813-1873) was a Scottish missionary, doctor and explorer who helped open the heart of Africa to missions. His travels covered one-third of the continent, from the Cape to near the Equator, and from the Atlantic to the Indian Ocean.


Quotes:-

“I am prepared to go anywhere, provided it be forward.”

“If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them. I want men who will come if there is no road at all.”

“All that I am I owe to Jesus Christ, revealed to me in His divine Book.”

“Without Christ, not one step; with Him, anywhere!”

“I determined never to stop until I had come to the end and achieved my purpose.”

“I will place no value on anything I have or may possess except in relation to the kingdom of Christ.”

“I'll go anywhere as long as it's forward.”

“Nothing earthly will make me give up my work in despair.”

“Fear God and work hard.”

“Though there is antipathy in the human heart to the gospel of Christ, yet when Christians make their good work shine, all admire them. It is when great disparity exists between profession and practice that we secure the scorn of mankind.”

“I began to understand how we are built; we're built to be natural-born liars, ... Nature has fashioned us like nature has fashioned so many organisms.”

“Self-deception helps us deceive,”






No comments: