Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Emily Tiang's Testimony

Balingian Mission Trip 22-24th Aug 2009

Emily’s sharing
__________
I am Emily Tiang, I am 16 years old. I joined the short term mission trip because my mother signed me up since it was a week of school break. This is my first time and I do not know what to expect.

When I reach there, it was a lot better than I had expected. I was glad that I had gone. I had actually enjoyed the stay.The adults and children at the longhouse were very friendly and lived simple lives. I feel relaxed to be among them. The food is simple yet nice like bamboo shoots, midin, tapioca leaves, oil palm shoot, most of which are obtained from the jungle. I was also not bitten by mosquitoes, Praise the Lord.

I helped with the drawing and colouring in the children’s ministry. Helped the children tie their hair while some got their hair cut. It was a joy to be able to see so many people, 35 of them, from infants to adults, being baptized at the Selangau church.

I hope more youths will join such mission trips in the future.
Thank you.

Article distributed by Wendy Tiong. Posted by Peter Yong

No comments: